ShiftKey Build aims to give students the opportunity to experiment with the world of tech startups. Everyone has ideas, but only a few take those ideas all the way. ShiftKey Labs will help you shape your idea into something real, and can help connect you to full-scale incubators and accelerators in the province when you are ready. Build programs are available to post-secondary students across the province.
SHIFTKEY STARTUP RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Starting in Fall 2023, ShiftKey Labs will be re-introducing the Startup Residency program. Four student startups will be supported by the ShiftKey team to foster and shape their idea, and start building their startup. Our support is fully customized to the team, and we offer various supports, from mentoring and technical advice to financial support, to help you realize your idea. The program will run from early October until the end of summer 2024.
How to qualify?
You can apply for residency as an individual or a team of co-founders. You must meet certain criteria, and be able to demonstrate why your team deserves to be part of the residency program.
- You and your team must be primarily made up of students enrolled in a tech or computer science program in Nova Scotia
- You and your team must be primarily made up of undergraduate students
- You and your team must be able to demonstrate your dedication and commitment
- You and your team must commit to a minimum of 5 hrs a week spent on the project
What will you get from the ShiftKey Startup Residency?
- Access to $1,000 in funds to go towards your project (receipts required)
- Bi-weekly mentoring sessions with ShiftKey Manager
- Monthly technical advising sessions with ShiftKey Tech Consultant
- Use of the ShiftKey office for founder/team meetings
The ShiftKey team will do their best to understand your project, advise you on how to best leverage your own skills and those of your team, connect you with key industry or faculty partners for advice. Aside from the financial support, we offer advice and guidance to allow you to realize your idea.
DEADLINE TO APPLY is September 30, 2023*
*If you miss the deadline or are not accepted in the first round, you can still fill out the application and get access to limited support, starting with an introductory meeting.