ShiftKey Academy is designed for those looking to advance their skills and qualifications in the field of computer science and technology. ShiftKey Academy programs are focused on technical skills in high demand in industry.
ShiftKey Academy is excited to announce a new support available to Dalhousie Computer Science students which will build their skills as well as improve their resume. In cooperation with the Faculty of Computer Science, several key certifications have been identified as most valuable to the tech industry. Studying for and completing certification exams will make students more competitive candidates, and provides the opportunity to stay up-to-date on tech developments.
You can only apply for maximum two certificate reimbursement per individual.
In the near future, the Academy program plans to expand to include courses which will help you prepare for these key certifications.
Certifications which are eligible* for the reimbursement program include:
- AWS Cloud Certifications
- Cloud Practitioner
- Solutions Architect Associate
- Developer Associate
- SysOps Administrator
- Microsoft Azure
- Administrator Associate
- Google Cloud
- Cloud Engineer
- GCP Cloud Architect
- Project Management Institute
- Certificate Associate in Project Management
- ISC Cybersecurity
- ISACA Cybersecurity
- Unity Certification
*Certificates included here are known to be specifically in demand. If you think a certificate is missing from this list, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Please read through the criteria points below to ensure you are eligible to apply for certificate reimbursement:
- You must be a full time student in the Faculty of Computer Science at Dalhousie University
(includes BCS, BACS, MCS, MACS)
- You must have paid for the certification yourself with Canadian dollars
- You must have an active Canadian bank account
- You must apply for reimbursement within 30 days of completing the exam
- You must be able to demonstrate all of the above information by providing the necessary
Please note that you can only submit maximum two certificate reimbursement requests per person. Maximum reimbursement amount is 150 CAD.
To apply for reimbursement, please fill in the form and follow up with the necessary information.