ShiftKey Student Ambassador
(3x Positions Available)
ShiftKey Labs is seeking a motivated and talented student in any computer science or tech related program for the role of ShiftKey Student Ambassador. Build your resume and your network in this part time position, where you will join a team to represent the organization as well as coordinate events for your fellow tech students. ShiftKey events cover topics related to innovation and entrepreneurship, including hackathons, workshops, lectures, and networking events. The Ambassador will work closely with the ShiftKey Manager and the rest of the ShiftKey student team.
- Drawing on individual expertise and experience to develop meaningful and engaging activities and events for the student community
- Work with the ShiftKey team to attend, oversee and host events and activities
- Officially represent ShiftKey during networking events, job fairs, information sessions
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to the design of ShiftKey programming
- Administrative tasks to assist the smooth running of the organization
- Currently enrolled as a student at a post-secondary institution in Nova Scotia
- Can demonstrate leadership, community engagement and volunteer experience
- Time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Proven interest and experience in computer science, technology and innovation
- Experience with public speaking is an asset
The successful candidate will be hired as a part-time casual employee through Dalhousie University, reporting to the Manager of ShiftKey Labs. Hours will vary throughout the academic year, with an expected average of 8 hours per week. Working times will include weekends and evenings. The hourly wage is $18.00 per hour.
The candidate should be able to start by September 1st, 2023 at the latest. The position is until April 31, 2024, with a possible extension through the summer of 2024.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter, and any supporting materials to email@example.com. Academic transcripts are not required. Please include “Application for ShiftKey Student Ambassador” in the subject line. Application deadline is August 9, 2023.
ShiftKey Labs is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusivity. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.