Learn, innovate, and compete for $15,000 in investment funds!
The Introduction to Innovation Bootcamp is aimed at current post-secondary students and recent alumni new to the innovation process. During this phase, students will participate in an immersive four-week program to learn an approach to innovation based largely on design thinking and lean startup methodologies.
In weeks one and two, participants are required to live in residence at Acadia University, attend daily workshops, and commit to the process.
In week three, participants will return to their “home” sandbox program at their academic institution to further apply learning with support from program mentors.
In week four, all program participants will create product pitch and deliver a presentation to a panel of judges. Judges will determine “winning” teams and prizes will be awarded.
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions in order to apply
- Must be a full/part-time post-secondary student or recent alumnus (less than 1 year after graduation) currently residing in Nova Scotia.
- All participants must be able to attend the first two weeks of the program (aka “the residency”) in-person at Acadia University. No remote collaborations will be permitted.
- All participants must be able to attend, in-person, the final team presentation to judges.
- Individual students may apply or apply as a team with a maximum of three (3) members. You may have more members on your team but only three members will be accepted into the program.
- You or your team must not have received any previous funding from any incubator, accelerator, bank, angel investor, venture capitalist, or other funding programs.
Thank you for your interest but the application process to the Introduction to Innovation bootcamp has now closed.