- This event has passed.
Hackathon starter pack with Vertx
Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 @ 5:30 pm – 8:30 pmFree
Learn how to build an web application from scratch using the Vertx framework. Vertx is a reactive microservice framework that allows us to quickly put together our own applications, making it an ideal candidate for hackathons and major projects alike. We’ll set up a PostgresSQL database to persist our data, as well as a simple frontend using bootstrap for our users to interact with. This workshop is beginner friendly, basic knowledge of Java will be assumed, knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS/SQL is useful but not required.
Please come with your own laptop and have the following software pre installed:
- Java Development Kit (v8 or higher is required): https://java.com/en/download/faq/develop.xml
- Eclipse (windows): https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/?osType=win32
- Eclipse (mac): https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/?osType=macosx&release=undefined
- Eclipse (linux): https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/?osType=linux
- PostgresSQL: https://www.postgresql.org/download/
- Slack: https://slack.com/downloads/. Once you have installed Slack on your computer, the following link will add you to the specific Vertx Slack group for the workshop session.